Kankakee County Car Accident Lawyer

Experienced Car Accident Attorney Serving Clients in Kankakee, Momence, and Throughout Northeast Illinois

You know that every time you get into the car, there is a chance that you will be involved in an accident. Of course, by staying alert and following all traffic laws, you can decrease the likelihood of a collision. However, some accidents are beyond your control, and you may find yourself overwhelmed in the aftermath. At Fotopoulos Law Office, we help car accident victims and their families pursue meaningful compensation from negligent drivers and their insurance companies. Attorney John Fotopoulos is a former judge and a long-time Kankakee County car accident lawyer who cares deeply about each of his clients. He aggressively pursues maximum compensation on behalf of every client he serves.

Kankakee County Car Accidents

While much of Kankakee County is rural, the county also sees a significant amount of pass-through traffic due to its proximity to the Chicago metropolitan area. Thus, in addition to accidents that typically occur on smaller roads, such as head-on collisions, Kankakee County also sees a relatively high number of highway collisions, including truck accidents. Below are some of the most common causes of car accidents in Kankakee County:

  • Distracted driving
  • Impaired driving
  • Fatigued driving
  • Aggressive driving
  • Failure to follow traffic signs and laws

Of course, none of these accidents "just happen;" they are the result of a driver not taking their responsibilities seriously. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, you may be eligible for compensation through a Kankakee County personal injury lawsuit.

Obtaining an Accident Report in Kankakee County

After a car accident, the primary focus is on recovering from your physical injuries. Once you are on the road to recovery, however, you may want to obtain a copy of the accident report completed by responding officers. This can help you determine what the officers determined was the cause of the accident, which may help you decide whether you want to pursue a car accident lawsuit against the other driver.

To get a copy of a Kankakee County accident report, you must contact the Records Division of the Kankakee County Sheriff's Department at 815-802-7107. Note that some accident reports may not be available through the mail, email, or fax. You can also visit the Sheriff's Department in person at 3000 S Justice Way, Kankakee, IL.

Fatal Car Accidents in Kankakee County

While any car accident can disrupt the lives of anyone close to the victim, fatal accidents take the greatest toll on families. For one of the smaller counties in Illinois, Kankakee County sees a surprising number of motor vehicle deaths each year. For example, according to the most recent data from the Kankakee County Coroner's Office, there were 17 deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents in 2021 alone.

Families grieving the loss of a loved one in the aftermath of a fatal traffic accident can pursue a claim for compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. These claims are similar to other personal injury claims; however, rather than being filed by the accident victim themselves, they are filed by the personal representative of the deceased.

Contact Our Kankakee County Car Accident Attorney

If you or a loved one was recently injured in a car accident, contact Fotopoulos Law Office to discuss your case with an experienced Kankakee County car accident attorney. As a former judge in Cook County, Attorney Fotopoulos has a vast knowledge of the law and how it applies to his clients' cases. He is also an experienced negotiator, and many of our cases end in car accident settlements, avoiding the need for long and stressful trials. Because we also have significant litigation experience, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial if the insurance company is not willing to extend a fair settlement offer. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients, and we will not bill you for our services unless we can recover compensation on your behalf. To learn more, call 708-942-8400 or fill out our online contact form.

badge badge badge badge badge badge
Back to Top